We've just completed a major redevelopment of all our libraries, at a cost of over £10 million, to ensure you have state-of-the-art facilities.
- We've increased the number of study spaces by 20% and the number of PCs by 15%.
- Every study space has either a PC or desktop power and excellent Wi-Fi coverage.
- We've increased the amount of group study space.
- To achieve the highest green credentials we've used the latest technologies for heating, lighting and other building controls.
- We worked with students and the Students' Union to ensure we were creating libraries with students' needs at heart.
These improvements, combined with the award-winning customer service, provide what we hope is a sector leading library experience.
Boots Library - City Campus
Boots Library has undergone a £6 million refurbishment to make it an even better place for you to study.
The library is located in a modern purpose-designed building and has an extensive range of facilities and resources, including more than 300 computers.
Over the last three years all floors of the library have been updated, with new furniture, decoration, an exciting new layout and brand new computers.
There are also additional study spaces in a variety of configurations, more seating options, and more plug sockets for the use of personal devices.
New roof garden!
We're now also in the process of building a roof garden on the top of Boots library. With space for around 50 people, the garden will offer a tranquil, natural environment for studying and relaxing in the heart of our City Campus.
There will be a variety of seating, excellent Wi-Fi coverage and planted areas specially selected to attract wildlife, designed in conjunction with Landscape Design students from Brackenhurst Campus.
New library entrance
Works are currently underway to create a stunning new entrance for Clifton Library. The bright and spacious entrance will be fully glazed throughout and will feature a new internal staircase to improve access to the upper floor. The entrance will be positioned adjacent to the Pavilion building and will feature a covered walkway to improve links to the other ‘Heart of the Campus’ buildings. By creating this new entrance it will improve the Library layout and create more flexible space for students to use.
Over the summer of 2014, Clifton Library was refurbished with new furniture, shelving, carpets, decoration and an exciting new layout.
There is now a more diverse range of study spaces, more bookable group study rooms, additional silent study spaces and open access group study furniture.
We've doubled the number of PCs and there are more spaces where you can plug in and use your own mobile device.
Our fantastic library at Brackenhurst Campus was completed during summer 2013.
Your new Brackenhurst Library offers you:
- longer opening during term time
- plenty of soft seating and a social space
- 172 study spaces, including 84 PCs and 20 new laptops for loan
- two bookable group study rooms, and two silent study rooms
- open space for collaborative and individual study.
And it's green too!
The library is built to the highest green standards, and heated by a new biomass boiler which is partly fuelled by waste from around the Campus. And, all the materials for the new building were sourced from environmentally ethical suppliers.