Internal review procedure
- Did not respond within the mandatory timescale
- Incorrect/Erroneous application of an exemption
- Incorrect/incomplete information provided.
Request will be passed by Legal Services to an "investigator" - selecting someone from an area separate to any involved in the original areas, along with all information held pertaining to the original request and any decisions made.
The requester to receive a standard acknowledgement letter, confirming receipt of the request, providing the investigator's contact details and the relevant category(ies) the complaint is being investigated under. This letter to be sent within 5 working days of the request being received.
The investigation of an internal review request is dealt with in a manner appropriate to the nature of that request, maintaining records and evidential trails. The investigation will normally be completed within 20 working days of the receipt of the request. If this cannot be achieved regular updates will be provided to the requester.
- Full details of the actions taken to investigate the request
- The decision of the University with regards to the request, and the reasons for it
- If deciding in favour of the requester, the remedial action being taken to correct the problem and the timescales for this
- Contact details for the Information Commissioner in case requester is not satisfied.