The TILT sabbatical scheme is intended to provide colleagues with dedicated time to pursue developments which will impact positively on learning and teaching at NTU. These might include, but are not limited to:
- researching and testing innovative approaches to learning and teaching, or developing new products and means of engaging students in learning
- visiting other HEIs and organisations to undertake scholarly activities related to learning and teaching
- integration of key themes into learning and teaching practices, such as employability and globalisation
- developing innovative approaches to curriculum design and delivery, and new course development
- pedagogic research and scholarship, including writing and submitting a research bid.
Academic and professional services staff are eligible to apply, with the support of their line manager. Applicants must have achieved Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy to be eligible for this scheme and should have worked at NTU for a minimum of five years. Funding is available to the School to release the sabbatical holder, in the form of salary replacement.
Applications for the Sabbatical Scheme for 2018-19 will open shortly.