The deadline for applications for the Sabbatical Scheme for 2018-19 has now passed.
The TILT sabbatical scheme is intended to provide colleagues with dedicated time to pursue developments which will impact positively on learning and teaching at NTU. These might include, but are not limited to:
- Innovation in learning, teaching, assessment, or professional practice with a plan to disseminate.
- Developing innovative approaches to curriculum design and delivery and new course development.
- Integration of key themes into learning and teaching practices, such as employability, globalisation.
- Researching and testing innovative approaches to learning and teaching or developing new products and means of engaging students in learning.
- Pedagogic research and scholarship, including writing and submitting a research bid.
Academic and professional services staff are eligible to apply, with the support of their line manager. Applicants must have achieved Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy to be eligible for this scheme (or be working towards affiliation) and should have worked at NTU for a minimum of three years. Funding is available to the School to release the sabbatical holder, in the form of salary replacement.
Queries should be directed to Catherine Gillam, TILT Coordinator.