Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP)
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs) are established, partly grant funded programmes that help businesses increase their competitiveness and productivity through better use of the knowledge, technology and skills available within UK universities.
With an emphasis on promoting enterprise, innovation and growth, the remit for KTP projects is wide and can focus on:
- design and development
- manufacturing processes
- logistics and systems
- management and operations
- marketing and sales.
We offer KTPs that focus on taking the skills, knowledge and experience from our research areas with the aim of transferring that knowledge into your business.
Examples of recent KTPs include:
- Burgess Architectural Products Ltd: design and development of an advanced flooring panel system
- Matrix Polymers Ltd: identifying plastic compounds suitable for the production of fuel tanks for environmentally-friendly bio-fuels
- Kybotech: create and implement a new product design and development function for a range of own brand innovative outdoor play equipment
- Golder Associates: develop and test the design, construction and installation of flexible membrane liners in steep-walled landfilled sites
- Simmons Survey Partnership: development of a low-cost computer system using industry standard formats to generate three dimensional terrain data from aerial imagery.
Contact our team to talk about KTP projects by email or call +44 (0)115 848 8169.