Work for a year in industry on our sandwich courses
All of our Architecture, Design and Built Environment undergraduate courses offer students the opportunity to apply for a year-long work placement, with the exception of BArch (Hons) Architecture.
Benefits of a placement year
Placements are a great opportunity to gain experience and develop your understanding of industry practice, and can offer a wealth of benefits including:
- developing the skills and knowledge that employers look for - confident teamwork, communication and problem-solving
- securing a graduate job; employers often use the placement as an extended trial for a graduate position
- testing out career options
- for some courses the placement year can contribute towards professional qualifications i.e. CIOB and RICS
- graduating with experience and references puts you in a very strong position in the job market.
The placement year also leads to a separate qualification - a Diploma in Professional Practice - which will further enhance your CV.
Applying for a course with a sandwich year
You'll study at NTU for two years, your third year will be spent in industry, and you'll return to NTU for your final year of study.
Recent placement opportunities