Fat Free Media are a creative video and animation company. They wanted to engage with NTU and especially with a talented graduate who had a passion for animation and video production.
- Fat Free Media are a creative video and animation company.
- They have grown quickly to seven full-time members of staff and wanted to expand their team with local graduate talent.
- The company wanted to engage with NTU and especially with a talented graduate who had a passion for animation and video production.
- They had no previous experience of recruiting NTU graduates and sought the expertise of the University's Employability Team.
- Formed in 2007, Fat Free Media are a creative video and animation company.
- They produce videos and animations for a wide range of clients within the UK and across Europe.
For more information, visit their website.
"Working with the Employability Team has been very useful for us. Along with having an excellent idea of the skills NTU can provide, they have also understood our needs as a business, and particularly as a small creative business. The team there has always been very helpful and informative, and it's great to see the passion they work with to give NTU students the best opportunities they can."
Neil Rostance, Managing Director, Fat Free Media
- Fat Free Media wanted to expand their team with local graduate talent.
- The company had had no previous experience of recruiting graduates so approached NTU for advice.
- NTU's Employability Team worked with Fat Free Media to help them recruit the right person to ensure a good fit between the graduate and the company.
- They also advised them to apply for funding through the Santander program, which provides funded internships for small and medium enterprises to employ final year students and recent graduates.
- The Santander program part funds three-month internships. Santander contributes 50% of the funding and NTU provides a further 25%. The remaining 25% is paid by the employer.
- The programme allowed Fat Free Media to recruit a talented NTU graduate, who is now a valued member of staff. This has provided them with support during a particularly busy time as well as giving the NTU graduate a taste of roles and excellent experience working within the creative industry.
- The placement has been so successful that the company are advertising for another internship this year and are looking to further expand their team with NTU graduates.
- As well as having an NTU Alumni Fellow as part of the team, Fat Free Media were also involved with NTU's Arts and Humanities Careers Festival where they delivered a presentation on the media industry and spoke to students about a career in video production and animation.
- The company are making plans to work more closely with NTU and plan to deliver sessions on working in the creative industry to media students. This will not only give them great access to a talented pool of students but raise their brand profile across the university and nurture and develop the next generation of creative talent.