Areas of work of the research group include:
- Embedded electronics in yarns/fibres
- Electronically heated gloves for skiers,motorcyclists and for the treatment of Raynaud's phenomenon
- Flexible fabric antennas for megahertz frequency communications
- Knitted FSS and HIS
- Knitted structures for ECG measurement
- Textile switches for clothing and automotive applications
- Stretch sensors for artistic expression and stroke rehabilitation
- Graduated compression garments for the treatment of venous ulcers, lymphoedema,sports, and rehabilitation
- Flexible steel gloves for cut resistance
- Spacer fabrics for medical and architectural applications
- Textiles for noise absorption
We have the equipment and expertise to meet the demands of industry. A particular focus is on mathematical modelling of textile structures. Core technology platforms can be easily adapted to meet individual needs.
This groups research contributed towards the Advanced Textiles Impact Case Study for REF 2014.
To find out more about Advanced Textiles Research download the brochure .