Our students benefit from outstanding studio, workshop and design facilities, plus state-of-the-art equipment and industry-standard software. The School is based across two different buildings on our City Campus.
Studying in this building you'll be following in the footsteps of many artists and designers who have become internationally recognised. This includes Turner Prize winner Simon Starling and rock music photographer Andy Earl.
Bonington is home to the following courses:
- BA (Hons) Decorative Arts
- BA (Hons) Fashion Accessory Design
- BA (Hons) Fashion Design
- BA (Hons) Fashion Knitwear Design and Knitted Textiles
- BA (Hons) Fine Art
- BA (Hons) Photography
- BA (Hons) Textile Design
The Bonington building also has a dedicated MA studio for students studying at postgraduate level.
Facilities in Bonington include:
- Modern art and design studios, workshops, ceramic and glass kilns
- Photographic studios, camera store, and specialist in-house printing bureau
- Fashion studios, electronic garment and knitwear technology
- Digital textile printing, digital loom and embroidery equipment, dye facility
- State-of-the-art computer suites, CAD systems, image and sound editing studios
- Bonington gallery, café and social spaces
- Specialist art and design shop
We've been teaching Art and Design in this beautifully restored building for over 150 years. This listed building has real design heritage and backs on to Nottingham's oldest park, the Nottingham Arboretum.
Waverley is home to the following courses:
- BA (Hons) Animation
- BA (Hons) Art & Design Media Practice (one year top-up)
- BA (Hons) Costume Design and Making
- BA (Hons) Design for Film and Television
- BA (Hons) Fashion Communication and Promotion
- BA (Hons) Fashion Marketing and Branding
- BA (Hons) Fashion Management
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design
- BA (Hons) International Fashion Business (one year top-up)
- BA (Hons) Theatre Design
- BSc (Hons) Creative Media Technologies (one year top-up)
Facilities in Waverley include:
- Spacious gallery and exhibition foyer with café
- Working studio theatre
- Modern design workshop and studios
- Full wardrobe department and production facilities
- Audio and video suites with comprehensive editing facilities
- PC and Mac IT suites
For more detailed information about course facilities and equipment, click on any of the courses above.