Information and advice
Information and advice for post 16 students
Thinking about your next steps after school or college can be a bewildering time. There are so many choices and you can sometimes feel bombarded with information you may not understand.
The Schools and Colleges team at NTU can help. The advice and information we provide is up-to-date and easy to understand. We will also share with you links to other useful and trusted sites and help to inform you about your future options.
With over 50,000 courses available nationwide you have a lot of choice of what to study. A good place to start is to think about the subjects you are interested in and careers these could lead to. You should also:
- Visit the UCAS website, which has a full list of all courses available
- Explore university websites for information about their courses
- Talk to as many people as you can who can share their education experiences with you
- Think about what you might like to do after university
- Visit a university on an open day where you will get chance to explore the campus, find out about the courses on offer and talk to current students
- Look out for opportunities to take part in subject taster days, summer schools or residential experiences at universities
- Download our document Understanding Higher Education which has detailed information about the qualifications available, highlights what to think about when choosing a course and an institution.
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook