The NTU Work Inspiration Scheme offers students high quality, meaningful work experience placements. It has clear learning outcomes, gained through practical work based activities and an opportunity to see 'behind the scenes' at our institution. The scheme engages students and raises their aspirations for - and their ability to engage with - work, HE and beyond.
All placements delivered through the NTU Work Inspiration Scheme are free of charge. All students receive support before, during and after the placement and there is a particular focus on skills development. We use our internal health and safety team to ensure all placements are risk assessed, removing the need for schools to use external companies.
How to apply
The scheme is delivered as part of our widening participation initiative. Applicants must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- be a mature student (aged 21 or over)
- be studying a vocational course such as BTEC or an NVQ as your main qualification
- be in receipt of the 16 – 19 bursary
- have had their studies disrupted by circumstances outside of their control
- have been eligible for Free School Meals at any time in the last six years
- have a disability
- have experience of living in Local Authority Care
- reside in a neighbourhood with low rates of progression to university.*
* We can tell you if you meet this criterion – just email your postcode to us at address below.
Priority access to Work Inspiration Scheme placements will be given to students currently enrolled on our 'NTU Progression' Scheme.
For further information about the work placements available, please email our Work Experience Coordinator.