NTU and Nottingham City Transport operate the Go2 Uni 4 bus service (formerly known as Unilink) between our City site and Clifton Campus. For more details about this service, please visit the Nottingham City Transport website. Journeys cost £2 each way or £3.50 for an all-day ticket. However, a discounted longer-term pass is available to all NTU students as part of your Smartcard. Timetables can be found on the Nottingham City Transport website. Please note that this service is term-time only.
The Ucycle student bike hire scheme is a great way for students to get around the university campus. Different sized bikes are available to hire for the academic year for just £35 (plus a £60 refundable deposit).
For more information visit the Ucycle webpages where you can find details on Nottingham cycle maps, NTU shower and cycle compound facilities and Doctor Bike sessions.
By car share
NTU also operates a car-sharing scheme, especially for students, designed to help you reduce your daily travel costs while helping to reduce CO2 emissions at the same time.
It is totally free to use and enables you to find others going your way, so you can share the journey. You can take turns driving, offer someone a lift (in exchange for a contribution to the fuel costs) or look for someone to give you a lift.
Once registered, you can access your account from online making searching as convenient as possible. You can also choose whether to search for matches among NTU students or from the whole Liftshare nationwide database.
And you don't have to do it every day. It’s completely flexible; once you've found others going your way, you decide between yourselves how often it suits you to share.
Discover for yourself just how much money you can save by car-sharing. Sign up and find a car-share companion or two.
Clifton is a village near the city of Nottingham. For complete road directions from anywhere in the UK, get directions to NTU. The Clifton Campus postcode NG11 8NS.
- The M1 passes close to the west of the city, the A42 / M42 link to the southwest of the city and the A1(M) to the east of the county.
- From the South: Exit the M1 at Junction 24 and follow the A453 towards the city. Clifton Campus is on the left-hand side approximately seven miles from the motorway.
- From the A60 North: Leave the A60 at A6514 and follow the Ring Road for approximately eight miles. Keep in the right-hand lane as the road splits in two and follow the road under the overpass, signposted M1 South. Continue straight over the roundabout with traffic lights and then turn right at the next set of traffic lights for Clifton Campus.
- From the A60 South: Join the A52 and exit at A453, signposted M1 South. Continue straight over the roundabout with traffic lights and then turn right at the next set of traffic lights for Clifton Campus.
- From the A52: Leave the A52 at A453, signposted M1 South. Continue straight over the roundabout with traffic lights and then turn right at the next set of traffic lights for Clifton Campus
Parking at Clifton Campus
Student parking is available at Clifton Campus, but there are restrictions in place as explained below.
Between 7 am and 4 pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, and between 7 am and 12 pm on Wednesday, parking is for students with a valid parking permit only. Permit holders can gain entry via the Main Entrance using their student card.
At all other times, students without a valid parking permit can park in the student car park and can gain entry via the Main Entrance using their student card.
Students must park in the student car park only.
The Parking Permit Guidance Document provides information on who qualifies for a permit and how to apply for a permit.
Please familiarise yourself with the Parking Terms and Conditions .