News and events
Global Summer School student buddies
Become a Global Summer School student buddy!
Are you staying in Nottingham this summer? Do you love NTU and Nottingham? Are you interested in developing your skills and your CV? Want to gain international experience right here on your campus?
Global Summer School (GSS) is a summer programme which welcomes students from around the world to study at NTU. The courses are two to four weeks in duration from 9 July to 3 August 2018. There are a range of courses available across different subjects from Architecture to Sociology.
NTU Global is running a competition to recruit Global Summer School student buddies who will win a place on a two-week summer school course alongside the international students. Upon successfully completing the course you will be awarded 10 credit points* which will be recorded on your diploma supplement (HEAR).
As a part of the student buddy role you’ll help us welcome, support, and offer friendship to our international summer school students.
The duties include:
- pre-arrival welcome and support by email
- taking students on short city-tours
- meeting students and bringing them to their welcome and induction sessions
- showing them around the campus
- accompanying them on arranged social activities during the evenings
- encouraging students to attend the Global Community Lunch at Global Lounges
- attending and supporting the farewell parties
- accompanying students on a UK city trip and local sightseeing activities.
Take a look at the NTU Global Summer School page to find out more about the programme!
*These points will not count towards your degree
Student Exchange Buddies
NTU Global has recently launched the Student Exchange Buddy (SEB) scheme and have now appointed 20 NTU students who have recently returned from working, studying or volunteering abroad.
These students are here to answer your questions about what it's really like to spend a part of your course abroad and offer you support, guidance and advice about international opportunities and living in a different country.
So if you have any questions or are still not sure, email the SEBs today!