How do I apply?

You can still apply to study abroad in 2018/19!

If you are eligible* for study abroad in Semester 2 of 2018/19 academic year, you can apply between 16 April and 8 June 2018.

To search for available opportunities, please visit the Where can I go page.

*Please note that students in the School of Animal, Rural and Environmental Sciences, School of Science and Technology, Institute of Education and students studying Psychology or Joint Honours Modern Languages are not eligible to apply for a semester 2 exchange period during this application round.

NBS students are advised to read through the information on the NBS Study Abroad page on NOW before applying.

Nottingham Business School Unique Opportunities for 2018/2019 (semester 2) will be open for applications between 16 April and 8 June 2018. Please check here for how to apply for these opportunities.


To study at one of our partner institutions worldwide Apply now

To study at one of ISEP member institutions, Apply now


If you’re applying to our partners in Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Latvia, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia and Sweden, you can also apply for the £500 Discover Erasmus Exchange scholarship, which will be paid in addition to your Erasmus+ mobility grant.


Applications for all semester and year-long study abroad opportunities for 2019/2020 will open in November 2018.

If you are eligible to study abroad in the 2019/2020 academic year, you will be able to submit your application early in the academic year.

As a part of the application process you will be asked to fill out an online form and upload documents. You can monitor the progress of your application online. 

If your choices are a mixture of studying at an NTU partner institution and an opportunity to study abroad through ISEP, you will be asked to fill out separate application forms

Please download the application guidePDF icon to help you with the process.

If you're experiencing any issues with the search system, email us to let us know.


Work abroad

If you are thinking about finding a work placement abroad, we would like to encourage you to inform us of your intention by completing an online form. This will also help us identify whether you will qualify for an Erasmus+ Grant for your period abroad.


Who can apply?

Exchanges are open to most full time undergraduate students during the second year of a three-year course, or the third year of a four-year course. Visiting and incoming exchange students are not eligible to apply.

You have the option to go for one semester or for a full year, depending on your course of study. Some courses may also offer the opportunity to combine work and study abroad.

Erasmus+ exchange is also available to some postgraduate students, depending on course of study.

You can search for available opportunities by School / Course by using our search engine.

Please contact your Course Leader or School exchange coordinator if you have any questions about the options available to you.