Erasmus Mobility Grants

All students who participate in the Erasmus+ programme will automatically be considered for an Erasmus travel grant to assist with the costs of studying and working abroad. A minimum of two months' continuous work or three months' study mobility must be completed to qualify.

The grant options include:

Study abroad:

  • Up to €280 a month for lower cost of living countries;
  • Up to €330 a month for higher cost of living countries;
  • Plus additional €120 per month for disadvantaged students.
  • Additional grants are available for students with special needs where participation would not be possible without extra financial support.

Work abroad:

  • Up to €430 per month for high cost of living countries; or
  • Up to €380 per month for lower cost of living countries;
  • Plus additional €20 per month for disadvantaged students on top of this higher grant amount.
  • Additional grants are available for students with special needs where participation would not be possible without extra financial support.
  • Unpaid traineeship applications will be given priority as funding available is limited.

*The funding and amounts are subject to availability and will be calculated based on the duration and destination of your study or work abroad.

How do I apply?

All participating students must submit a grant contract before departure. This must be completed, signed and returned to the NTU Global before leaving NTU.

For any students undertaking two separate Erasmus periods (eg. Modern Languages students spending two semesters in two different countries, or an Erasmus exchange and an Erasmus traineeship), two grant contracts will be required.

When do I apply?

  • For Semester 1 and full year opportunities, the deadline to apply is 31 July,
  • For Semester 2, the deadline to apply is 30 November.

When is the grant paid?

Grants are paid out in two instalments. You will receive 70% of your total grant upon arrival at your host institution and the remaining 30% on arrival back to the UK.

Repayment of grant

If you return earlier than planned from your Erasmus placement and have already received Erasmus funding, you will be required to repay all/part of the funding you received to the University. Please bear this in mind if you make any changes to your Erasmus activity.

EU flag