NTU Travel Scholarships
If you're studying, working or volunteering abroad during your course, you can apply for a scholarship funded by NTU and Santander to help with the travel, accommodation, and other necessary costs involved in an overseas visit.
How much is the scholarship?
- £250 for travel within Europe*
- £500 for travel outside of Europe
Who can apply?
Fully-enrolled NTU undergraduate and postgraduate students.
The scholarships exclude visiting and incoming exchange students. You must not be in receipt of any other funding or subsidy from NTU towards travel for this overseas project.
How do I apply?
To apply, you'll need to submit:
- information about your trip abroad
- a short personal statement outlining how the scholarship and your overseas project would benefit you academically, personally and professionally
- a name of your course leader who can approve your travel (we will contact them for comments).
You can apply and submit the documentation online via the link below.
We will support you through the application process by sending you confirmation emails and notifications of next steps.
When do I need to apply?
- If you travel between January and August 2018, apply by 10 December 2017.
- If you travel between June and December 2018, apply by 6 May 2018.
You'll be notified of the outcome within 15 working days of the application deadline.
We also ask you to complete a compulsory self-reflective element, which you'll need to submit within three months of your return. This will allow you to look back on your experience and reflect on what you learned and how the experience benefited you academically, professionally and personally.
*European countries include: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Greenland, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Macedonia, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and Ukraine.