Your timetable is published on NOW at the start of each academic year. It is created by the Timetabling Team and takes into account a number of factors which influence: when and where your scheduled event takes place.
Timetable release date for 2019/20
We aim to publish undergraduate timetables for returning students for the academic year 2019/20 on NOW after 6 pm on 9 September 2019. For new students we aim to publish after 6pm on 2 September 2019.
All other, non-undergraduate, course timetables are likely to be issued one week prior to the course start date and will be available to view on NOW.
There may be delays to creating your timetable in circumstances such as (but not limited to) being referred in assessments, transferring courses, recently applying through clearing, not obtaining a placement etc.
Please bear with us as we work to create your timetable.
Timetables are 'live' documents, and we would like to remind you to check your timetable daily, throughout the academic year as they are subject to change.
If you still do not have a timetable by 20th September then do contact us. School contact details are listed at the bottom of this page.
Don't forget, you need to complete your enrolment as a student at NTU to continue accessing your timetable through NOW.
Can we have our timetables sooner?
We know you want to see your timetable as soon as possible, particularly if you have a part-time job or caring responsibilities. In recent years we've brought forward the timetable release date by nearly two weeks, but we're unable to provide timetables any sooner than this for several reasons:
- Whilst some other universities may provide timetables earlier than us, we have taken the decision only to release timetables when we can be more certain that any changes will be kept to a minimum.
- Once Confirmation and Clearing and the Resit Assessment Period has taken place, the number of students expected to attend NTU can change considerably. This means we have to move classes around to ensure you have the right room and enough facilities to cater for your new class size.
Your timetable is fully personalised and, as far as possible, is consistent throughout the year. Most of you are happy with your timetables, however, if you have any questions we hope that you will find the answer in our frequently asked questions.
What should I do if I have a query about my timetable?
If your question hasn't been answered by the information above, take a look at our frequently asked questions.
If you'd like to speak to somebody about your query, you can contact your Timetabling Team:
- Animal, Rural and Environmental Sciences
- Architecture Design and the Built Environment
- Arts and Humanities
- Art & Design
- Nottingham Business School
- Nottingham Law School
- Science and Technology
- Social Sciences including Education.