Think Pacific – Fiji – applications open
Aim: The aim for the Think Pacific university project is to offer you the opportunity to join a traditional village and become a member of a Fijian family. You will work as part of a team contributing to education, youth, and sports development projects, making an immense difference to the lives of children living in hardship.
Volunteer role: Volunteers will deliver a tailored teaching programme supporting kindergartens, literacy and numeracy work in schools, alongside running extra-curricular activities like arts and crafts and sports coaching activities to all the children in the school.
Project location: Fiji – exact location will be confirmed closer to date
Project dates: 15 June – 13 July 2018 (four weeks)
Team size: 16 – 20
The Project Costs: £2,165
- return flight to Fiji
- accommodation, food and local travel in Fiji, plus accommodation for briefing and debriefing
- airport transfers in the UK and Fiji
- travel insurance
- DBS check
- Nottingham Trent Volunteering t-shirt and hoody.
What isn't included?
- sulu / dress bought in country – £20
- visa – £70
- personal spending money £100 (although this amount is entirely up to you)
- vaccinations cost as advise by GP.
The approximate overall cost: £2,355
Fundraising total: In addition to the project costs, each volunteer has to raise a minimum of £400 which is part of your project costs, and goes to the long-term work of Think Pacific.
For more information please contact the volunteering team.
Please note: Should the costs of flights or transfers fall below those expected, reimbursements will be made.