Little John's House – Romania – Applications open
Aim: Little John's House university project provides current students and staff members with the opportunity to to support children and young adults with physical and developmental needs in rural Romania.
Volunteer Role: Volunteers will design and deliver a week-long summer school of diverse and inclusive activities for the permanent residents of Little John's House, children, young adults from the surrounding villages, hospitals, and orphanages.
Project location: Transylvania, Romania.
Project dates: 4 August – 11 August 2018 (one week)
Team size: 10
The project costs: £740
- return flight to Romania
- accommodation and food for the week
- airport transfers in the UK and Romania
- minibus transport in Romania
- travel insurance
- DBS check
- Nottingham Trent Volunteering t-shirt and hoody.
What isn't included?
- personal spending money – £150 (although this amount is entirely up to you)
- vaccination cost as advised by your GP.
The approximate overall cost: £900
Fundraising total: In addition to the project costs, each volunteer has to raise a minimum of £150 which will be donated to Little John's House.
For more information please contact International Volunteering.
Please note: Should the costs of flights or transfers fall below those expected, reimbursements will be made.