Creating collaborative opportunities to change lives
Nottingham Trent Volunteering delivers a diverse range of high-quality volunteering opportunities for students. Volunteering can support you in developing your experience and skills and through our opportunities there is something for everybody!
Volunteering gives you loads of benefits, both personally and course-related, and can be a great way to meet new people and have fun. You will also get the satisfaction of knowing that you have done something really worthwhile in your local or global community during your time at University.
Tens of thousands of students around the country will take part in a week of social action between 19 - 25 February, as SVW enters its seventeenth year! Find out what opportunities, events, and activities NTU has in store for the week by visiting the SVW website
What can I do?
- Charity and Community volunteering – work with local organisations and build your personal skills and course-related experience.
- Schools volunteering – the opportunity to deliver voluntary projects in local schools and colleges, either creating you own or taking part in an existing one.
- International volunteering – extend your experiences and your boundaries with some exciting opportunities abroad.
- NTU Sport volunteering – take part in what you enjoy and make a difference. You could be supporting PE lessons after school, delivering school sports clubs, or coaching a local sports club.
- One-off volunteering - Would you like to volunteer but have limited time? We provide a range of one-off opportunities throughout the year for you to try something new and support your community for just a day.
The Nottingham Trent Volunteering group
To ensure you are well supported throughout your volunteering experience join the Nottingham Trent Volunteering group. The group provides you with:
- the Volunteering eNews
- volunteer updates on your progress
- recognition at the annual celebration event
- the opportunity to verify your volunteering for your HEAR
- information on training, events and other extra-curricular opportunities.
How to contact us
Our team are centrally based within the City Campus, but to support you we run drop-in sessions. If you would like to find out more about volunteering, come and see us to get some advice about opportunities or some feedback on your experiences.
You can also email us, or call us on +44 (0)115 848 2113 or +44 (0)115 848 2379.