Surveys and results
At NTU we regularly ask our students for their views on a wide range of topics. We really value your feedback and suggestions and these are used to develop courses and services for current and future students.
Who can participate?
We generally invite particular groups of students to take part in each survey or focus group, so please check your NTU email account on a regular basis.
What happens to the results of surveys?
The Market Research team at NTU analyse all responses and present the findings to NTU staff. Please be assured that information provided is kept confidential and only statistical evidence and comments you provide are reported. We do not report your personal details and comments cannot be attributed to individuals. This is in line with the Market Research Code of Conduct.
Each and every project we complete provokes much discussion and thought. Action plans are drawn up if there are any areas where we didn't perform as well as we hoped, or if there are areas in need of attention. Many decisions are based on the results of your feedback.
How does NTU compare with other universities?
We also participate in a range of national surveys which not only help us to improve life at NTU but also help us benchmark how we perform compared to other universities. Most of these are for particular groups of students, for example:
- The National Student Survey invites final year students to give feedback.
- The Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey (PTES) is relevant to students studying on taught postgraduate courses.
- The Postgraduate Research Experience Survey (PRES) invites feedback from postgraduate researchers.
How can I find out more?
- Visit these pages regularly to find out what is new, and how NTU has fared in each survey.
- Check your NTU email account regularly to participate in market research projects.