Surveys and results
We regularly ask for your feedback on a wide range of topics. We care about what you think and use your feedback to make improvements to your course and to prioritise areas of development for the University.
To discover what you think about life at NTU, we participate in a range of national surveys and run a range of our own internal surveys. The national surveys help us to benchmark our performance compared to other universities.
The main surveys are:
- Course Survey, open to first and second year undergraduates,
- National Student Survey, which invites final year students to give feedback,
- Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey (PTES), relevant to students studying on taught postgraduate courses,
- Postgraduate Research Experience Survey (PRES), which invites feedback from postgraduate researchers, and
- Student Transition Survey, aimed at first year undergraduates.
Who can participate?
We generally invite particular groups of students to take part in each survey or focus group. We'll send you an email if you're eligible, so check your NTU email account regularly.
What happens to the results of surveys?
The Market Research team at NTU analyse all responses and present the findings to NTU staff. The information you provide is confidential. We do not report your personal details and comments cannot be attributed to individuals. This is in line with the Market Research Code of Conduct.
Every survey and focus group we complete provokes discussion and thought. Action plans are drawn up if there are any areas where we didn't perform as well as we hoped, or if there are areas in need of attention. Many decisions are based on the results of your feedback.
Your Voice Has...
influenced change! We listen to your feedback and where possible make improvements across NTU that have a positive impact on your student experience.
Explore our ‘Your voice has…’ web pages to search for improvements in your school, and other areas such as Library, IT, Employability, Global opportunities and more.