Who are we?
We are the University's Employability Team. See our locations and opening times.
Who can use us?
Our facilities and services are available to:
- all full-time and part-time NTU undergraduate students
- all full-time and part-time NTU taught and research postgraduate students
- all NTU graduates for up to three years following graduation
- prospective students of NTU who have a confirmed offer of a place.
We offer information and IT facilities to students and graduates from other higher education institutions. Details of services offered by other university careers services can be found on the Prospects website.
Students and graduates seeking to develop a new business may wish to use The Hive, NTU's purpose-built development centre. The service is principally for students and graduates of NTU, but help is available to anyone with a viable business idea.
When should you use us?
You can come to us any time during your studies and up to three years after completing your course of study. We can help you to:
- decide on a career direction
- apply for placements and work experience
- find suitable jobs or postgraduate study
- assist with applications and interview preparation.
Advice and guidance
Students wishing to see a Careers Consultant should use our Quick Query sessions first – an adviser will be available each day to see you. They deal with a wide range of questions, and give advice on forming and realising your career plans, on writing CVs and covering letters, and on how to prepare application forms.
There are specialist Quick Query sessions for Art and Design, Law, and Business Studies.
An appointment with a Careers Consultant
Afterwards, you can book a longer appointment with a Careers Consultant if you need to. The interview is a two-way process, involving the exchange of information and ideas between student and adviser. It can cover career decision-making or it can be used to discuss specific career topics.