Why should you join?
The Institute of Directors (IoD) membership gives you access to over 50 events each year. As well as student exclusive events, you will also get the opportunity to hear from exciting business leaders and innovative entrepreneurs by attending:
- regional and national networking events featuring high profile guest speakers
- the Institute of Directors (IoD) Annual Convention - the UK's largest and most prestigious business event
- the Young Directors Forum
Through your student membership you will be able to improve your knowledge of business issues, develop an understanding of the professional environment and converse with business leaders. The contacts that you make will build your personal network to assist with future employment opportunities and potential investors or clients. Membership also provides a range of online support:
- online networking groups
- mentoring through a private Guru Panel
- resources to support business start ups.
By taking part in this programme, you will develop employability skills which will help negotiate the move from higher education into the working environment. This unique selling point for your CV will help you stand out in this competitive jobs market. The following are just a few of the skills you could develop through your membership and the mandatory £10 challenge: