Benefits of a placement
While there are many reasons why a placement is useful, the main one is that it shows potential employers you have some real world experience working in your chosen industry.
A successful placement demonstrates your ambition and can really make your CV shine. Research also shows that as a student who has done a placement, you will:
- enhance your graduate employability and be twice as likely to secure a graduate job
- increase your chances of a better degree classification
- earn on average £14,000 per year whilst on placement
- often acquire a graduate position at the same company where you did your placement
- sometimes get sponsorship for your final year at university
- test out your career options and be much clearer about the career you want
- have an impressive CV, with real experience and skills, and
- gain new contacts, friends and referees who can help you with future job hunting.
Why not follow all of those students and graduates who recommend a work placement as an enjoyable and invaluable experience? Contact us to find out more about the placement opportunities available to you.