Where can you do a placement?
There are many wonderful placement opportunities available, but finding the right placement for you means thinking about some key questions:
- Do you want to work in the UK or maybe go overseas?
- Would you rather be in a large multinational organisation or would you prefer a small or medium-sized company?
- What salary will you need to support yourself? This could depend on where you live.
- What experience and skills would you like to gain? Think about gaps in your CV and your plans for the future.
There can be opportunities and disadvantages with all of these options. The Employability Team can help you find a placement that is right for you:
- NTU works with thousands of organisations around the world, from large blue chip companies to small and medium size enterprises looking for the talent of the future.
- We advertise all placement vacancies for employers on InPlace.
- Hundreds of employers come to NTU annually to interview students and attend our career and placement fairs.
- The Employability Team can help you look out for events and connect with employers.
- The Hive (NTU's entrepreneurship centre) allows you to take your placement year with them and get your own business up and running. Find out more from The Hive.
You can contact us for more information about placements.