Starting your own business needs careful planning and serious assessment of the financial and competitive markets. This section lists websites based locally and nationally that provide help and information to people setting up their own businesses.
Nottingham Trent University's The Hive:
- have helped start over 380 businesses since 2001
- support the development of social enterprise
- helps students with viable business ideas
- supports the creation of new businesses
- fosters the delivery of enterprise education into the curriculum.
Read some of The Hive's success stories
- Shell Livewire - business start up information
- Prince's Trust - advice, support & financial assistance
- British Chambers of Commerce
- The British Franchise Association
- National Enterprise Network