Nottingham Trent University is committed to providing an effective service to all students, whether they have a disability or not.
The following organisations that provide help for students with specific needs. If you require help accessing information or services offered by the Employability Team please contact us.
Advice and guidance
- Skill - provides an information service and promotes opportunities for those with any kind of disability to reach their potential. This is an excellent website.
- Disability - government information site, providing advice on employment, training and housing.
- You'reable - news, information and product service covering a number of issues including employment.
- RNIB - Royal National Institute for the Blind.
- Action on Hearing Loss - vacancies and information for job-seekers with hearing loss and tinnitus.
- Employers' Forum on Disability - world's leading employers' organisation focused on disability as it affects business. Site provides information on events and publications.
- Remploy - opportunities for disabled people in sustainable work both within Remploy and externally.
- Shaw Trust - national charity that provides routes to work for people who are disadvantaged in the workplace due to disability, ill-health or other social circumstances.
- Blind in Business - gives young visually impaired graduates the confidence and practical help they need to achieve professional careers.
- Deafworks - advice on preparing for interviews and careers counselling for deaf people. Contact Deafworks for their hourly charge. Training and work experience.
- The Papworth Trust - provides supported placement schemes, job coaching and work placements.