At The Hive we will help you to evaluate your business idea. We will also equip you with the essential knowledge you will need to develop that idea into a successful business venture. Since 2001, The Hive has helped more than 400 start-up companies and almost 70% of those businesses are still trading and prospering today.
- expert advice, mentoring, and in-house training
- first-class business support and excellent facilities
- access to invaluable expertise, both external and University-based
- networking opportunities including Thirsty Thursday and NTU Entrepreneurs Club
- promotional opportunities for your business
- access and routes to potential finance.
We also deliver accredited courses and one-off workshops on enterprise and entrepreneurship as part of the curriculum, as well as extracurricular activities for undergraduate and postgraduate students across the whole University.
See what some of our successful entrepreneurs have to say about us.
"Starting my business through The Hive has given me the extra confidence I needed to face the business world with knowledge, preparation and vision. The support has been, and continues to be, relevant and practical."
Debbie Inglis, Debbie Inglis Associates
Take a look at some of the businesses we have helped to set up – 85% of them have been trading for at least three years.
Cumulatively, our businesses turn over more than £65 million per annum and employ over 500 people.