Eligibility documents

List A – documents which provide evidence of your permanent right to work (a continuous statutory excuse)  PDF icon

You have the permanent right to work in the UK and are therefore not subject to immigration control (e.g. European Economic Area (EEA)/Swiss nationals). If you are in this category the University needs to check your documents once only, before you commence employment.

List B - Documents which provide evidence of your temporary right to work (a time-limited statutory excuse)  PDF icon

You do not have automatic eligibility to live and work in the UK, but you have, or expect to be granted, approval to take employment in the UK for a limited period (e.g. work permit/certificate of sponsorship holders and their family members). If you are in this category the University needs to check your documents before you commence employment and then again when your permission is due to expire, to ensure that your eligibility remains valid.

International Students

All International Students who have a limited right to work must provide Nottingham Trent University with evidence of their academic term and vacation dates if they wish to be employed at the University. Therefore before they commence work, students are required to provide a copy of a letter or email addressed to the student from their sponsoring education institution confirming term and vacation dates for their entire course.

A person writing on paper
A person typing on a keyboard