What we do
What we do
We offer free legal advice and assistance on a range of services including:
- employment rights
- business law
- housing, property and environmental law
- debt and welfare rights
- tribunal and court representation.
Our aim is to provide high quality legal advice and information while offering practical experience for Nottingham Law School students. Our services are provided by current Law students, who work under the supervision of qualified solicitors.
Some of our students are ratified Free Representation Unit (FRU) volunteers and can therefore represent clients in Employment and Social Security Tribunals.
How it works
- Contact us by telephone, email or web enquiry with details of your problem.
- We may contact you for further information to determine whether or not we can assist.
- If we can help, we will either provide you with a face-to-face or telephone appointment with our student advisers.
- Following your appointment you will either receive a letter of advice or advice by telephone, usually within two weeks of your appointment.
- In some circumstances, we can offer assistance beyond initial advice, for example negotiating on your behalf or providing representation at court or tribunal.
If you already have a case in either the Employment or Social Security Tribunal and require representation please confirm the date of your hearing using the contact details on the right.
All information is provided in the strictest confidence.
We cannot currently advise on immigration, criminal matters or family law (such as divorce or child care proceedings). We are also unable to provide you with assistance if it involves, or could potentially involve, taking any action against Nottingham Trent University or a related body, employees or current students.
When we are unable to provide you with assistance we will endeavour to refer you to another organisation that may be able to help.
Unfortunately we do not offer a drop-in service.
- Legal Advice Centre
Nottingham Law School
- Email us
- +44 (0)115 848 4262