We are committed to providing high quality customer service and to the principle of continuous improvement. To help us we have developed a set of standards for measuring our core activities. Our latest monthly performance summary is available on the notice boards in each library foyer as well as online.
Current key customer experience service standards include:
Availability of services and facilities
- Your libraries and IT resource rooms will be open for all published opening hours.
- All your critical online library services will be available all day, every day of the year. This includes:
- Library OneSearch (library and online holdings)
- Circulation (borrowing and return).
Efficiency of service operation and delivery
- You will not have to queue longer than one minute for services in the libraries and IT resource rooms. This includes information desks, self-service units, photocopiers and printers.
- If you report an item as missing, we will respond within 48 hours to let you know if we have found it or if an alternative is available.
- If you request a book shown as available in another NTU library, we will get it to the library of your choice within 48 hours.
- We will return books and other library items back to the shelves within 18 hours.
- We will tidy shelves within two hours of you reporting them as untidy.
- We will respond to your email enquiries within 24 hours.
- We will respond to your phone enquiries within 30 seconds.
- If you make a complaint or give us feedback and request a reply using this website or our paper form, we will reply within 10 days.
Support for learning, teaching and research
- All first year students who attend a Library induction session will be satisfied with the outcomes.
- All first year students will receive information literacy teaching and guidance.
- All students attending information literacy sessions will be satisfied with the outcomes.
- Our Liaison Librarians will contact all new members of academic staff within four weeks of their appointment and offer them one-to-one inductions.