Publishing your research
The Publication Good Practice Guidelines provide information on how to prepare and disseminate outputs in a way that helps increase the visibility of your research.
The following guidelines are available:
- Publication Good Practice Guidelines: Journal articles
- Publication Good Practice Guidelines: Monographs
- Publication Good Practice Guidelines: Non-standard outputs
A guide on journal metric indicators is available to support your decisions when targeting publications.
As part of the NTU Publications Policy, academic staff are required to deposit where copyright allows, the following research outputs into the Institutional Repository (IRep):
- Journal articles and conference proceedings with an ISSN
- Deposit as soon after the point of acceptance as possible and no later than three months after this date.
- Authors must provide the accepted and final peer-reviewed text and are expected to add embargo details for the journal following a check on SHERPA/RoMEO.
- Following publication of the output, the depositing author is responsible for updating the record in IRep with full bibliographic details, including the date of publication. This needs to happen as soon as possible after the point of publication and no later than one month after this date.
- Book chapters and monographs that report original research
- Deposit as soon as possible after the point of the publication and no later than three months after this date.
- Practice-based outputs
- Deposit supporting digital content illustrating the nature of the work as soon after the point of publication as possible and no later than three months after this date.
- Bibliographic details of all other research outputs should be deposited in IRep.
It is important that all research outputs include the standard Nottingham Trent University affiliation and are linked with the appropriate researcher identifiers. More information is available in the Managing your researcher identity guide .
Obtaining an ISBN
The library guide Registering a new NTU publication provides details of how you can obtain an ISBN.