Nottingham Trent University and Nottingham Business School have a first-class reputation in fostering and maintaining relationships with employers. The School continues to constantly develop a vast number of solid relationships with organisations and industry professionals regionally, nationally and internationally, who contribute and support the School's placement and internship scheme.
Thanks to our dedicated Employability Team, we have extensive specialist expertise and practical experience in facilitating successful partnerships with a vast range of employers from a variety of sectors, firms and organisations.
Benefits of offering a Nottingham Business School placement or internship
There are many tangible benefits your company, whether a multinational or small to medium-sized enterprise (SME), can derive from a Nottingham Business School placement or internship.
- Cost-effective recruitment that can provide a pipeline of fresh talent and ideas into your business.
- Access to students with specialist knowledge and skills from a variety of disciplines.
- Additional resource for your business when staff time is stretched – placement students can carry out specialist projects that current employees may not have the time to do.
- Gaining up-to-date professional skills from motivated individuals with awareness of current academic developments in the particular discipline.
- An opportunity to build partnership links with the University.
- Placement students have the potential to be a future employee – employing a placement student gives your organisation access to future graduates and to assess a student’s potential for future employment - without obligation.
- Flexibility: placement students are part of your organisation without having to commit to permanent employment contracts
- Opportunity to contribute to the training and development of national and local future graduate workforce.
The University prides itself on actively responding to employers’ diverse and changing needs, by offering increasingly more courses, which include placements. The placement structure within each course is formulated, and is reviewed in partnership with the vast range of employers and sectors with whom we work.
Courses currently offering one-year placements and short-term internships are:
- BA (Hons) Business Management (1 Year In-Company)*
- BA (Hons) Business Management (2 Year In-Company)*
- BA (Hons) Business
- BA (Hons) Business Management and Accounting and Finance
- BA (Hons) Business Management and Economics
- BA (Hons) Business Management and Entrepreneurship
- BA (Hons) Business Management and Human Resources
- BA (Hons) Business Management and Marketing
- BA (Hons) Economics
- BA (Hons) Economics with Business
- BA (Hons) Economics with International Finance and Banking
- BA (Hons) Economics with International Trade and Development
- BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance
- BA (Hons) Marketing
- BA (Hons) International Business
- BA (Hons) International Business (with French)
- BA (Hons) International Business (with German)
- BA (Hons) International Business (with Spanish)
* This course does not offer an internship.
At postgraduate level we offer a live consultancy project on our full-time MBA and Executive MBA programmes, and on all our full-time Masters courses. This option would see an individual or group of postgraduate students enter your organisation to work on a real business problem. Acting as consultants, individually or as a group, they would put their knowledge into practice to provide a recommended solution for the issue.
The recruitment process
The Employability Team has considerable experience of overseeing the placement process. The service provides help with all aspects of the recruitment process tailored to the individual organisation's requirements.
You can advertise your vacancies to NTU graduates and students through FutureHub, our online vacancies and events system.
Student work placements are a great way to access new enthusiasm, talent and ideas.
Please note that it is incumbent upon all universities to ensure that companies employing students have a health and safety policy. The Business School therefore requests that this is the case with any prospective and current placement company.
The Employability Team is a 'one-stop shop', available to offer advice and answer any queries that you may have, help with your advertisement, assist you in the selection process, ensure pastoral support during the placement, facilitate appraisal of the academic liaison, and act as a mentor between student and company if any issues arise. You will incur no recruitment or agency costs for these services.
To discover how your company can benefit from working with us, or if you would like to discuss any thing related, please contact the Employability Team on +44 (0)115 848 8638 or email us.
Opening times: Monday – Thursday 9 am – 5 pm and Friday 9 am – 4.30 pm.
Newton-Arkwright (Level 0)