What are work-based degrees?
Work-based degrees combine studying and workplace learning with a strong focus on career development from the beginning. These courses have been designed specifically to enhance employability and impact in the workplace by developing high-calibre graduates who are effective in a range of management roles. Many placement and partner organisations offer progression options and roles to students upon graduation.
How do they work?
You will study your first year at Nottingham Business School and then go off to learn in the workplace. We have a list of partner organisations who offer a number of opportunities in mid-November for recruitment in the early New Year. You will need to apply directly for the roles which will include application forms and an interview process. Most placements with partners are sponsored, meaning you will receive a salary and a proportion of your fee paid. You can apply for a role at one of the partner organisations or find your own placement with a company of your choice.
If you are not successful with either a partner organisation or an alternative company then our Employability team will be able to help you find a placement.
What work-based degrees do we offer?
We are currently accepting applications for the following courses:
- BA (Hons) Business Management (1 Year In-Company)
- BA (Hons) Business Management (2 Year In-Company)
- BA (Hons) Management and Leadership
- Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship
You will be supported by mentors and course tutors and will as a result gain insight in to what works best and how to progress. Overall, this should lead to your development of important personal and professional skills, ‘know-how’, self-confidence and efficacy.
Why do a work-based degree?
- Develop your self-confidence, self-reliance and independence that enables you to take responsibility for your own learning and career development
- Develop your professionalism and ability to work as part of a team and as an individual
- Earn whilst you learn with a salary from a sponsoring company
- These courses are valued by employers and graduate recruiters – you will be well placed to secure employment on graduation and progress quickly in your chosen career.
Nottingham Business School has over 36 years’ experience in the delivery of in-company work-based learning degrees in business and management.
Nottingham Business School are working with various companies to offer in-company sponsorship degree opportunities. You can either apply for a role at one of the below companies or find your own either before you start your degree or during your first year:
Thanks to our dedicated Employability Team, we have extensive specialist expertise and practical experience in facilitating successful partnerships with a vast range of employers from a variety of sectors, firms and organisations.
How to apply
Applications to BA (Hons) Business Management (1 Year In-Company) and BA (Hons) Business Management (2 Year In-Company) must be made via UCAS, and will be classed as one of your choices. Don’t pick both - just choose one option as at the end of your first year you can decide if you want to do the one or two year option.
Applications to BA (Hons) Management and Leadership and the Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship would be employed from a sponsoring company and should fulfil their entry requirements. If you have already applied through UCAS, do not withdraw. You should proceed as normal with your UCAS applications. We will ensure that we process applications over the summer before you have to make any final decisions about your study options. Please note that company terms and conditions will apply.
Don’t just take our word for it! Listen to what our current students have said about these courses:
- Aidan Keyworth - BA (Hons) Business Management (1 Year In-Company)
- James Krappe – BA (Hons) Business Management (2 Year In-Company)
- Amber McCarthy - BA (Hons) Management and Leadership
Still need help?
You can get in touch if you have any questions, by calling +44 (0)115 848 4460 or email us.