Doctor of Business Administration
Find new, innovative and personal responses to organisational and managerial challenges.
Our Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) demands commitment, energy and hard work. In return you will be provided with a stimulating and life-enhancing development experience with the award of an increasingly valued qualification. The course is based in the Newton Building at our city site in Nottingham city centre.
This course will provide you with:
- a differentiated approach to continuous personal and professional development
- the opportunity to really engage with managerial and professional practices
- a stimulating learning environment, challenging traditional management understanding
- a supportive research community.
We provide a supportive learning environment which includes face to face seminars as well as access to electronic portal technologies, encouraging networking between peers, academics, and guest speakers.
- Introduction to the DBA and Project Scoping
- Critical Literature Review and Conceptual Development
- Research Methodology: Realist and Interpretive Qualitative Research
- Research Methodology: Quantitative Research (Surveys and Dataset Analysis)
- Thesis and Critical Reflection.
You will submit a number of documents for assessment during the four years of the course. The documents all focus on a common management theme or issue and include:
- definition and mapping of research issues and a research plan
- critical literature review and conceptual developments
- report on a piece of field research
- a final thesis.
Take a look at our DBA video to learn more about the course from our course leader, current students and alumni.