Links with the profession
At Nottingham Law School, you will be taught by qualified practitioner-tutors, many of whom continue their links with the profession by providing consultancy services to law firms across the UK. Strong links with leading law firms, barristers' chambers and the judiciary regionally, nationally and internationally ensure that our courses fully prepare you for modern legal practice. We benefit from the expertise of leading practitioners to help develop our courses, and guest lecturers help to put your learning into a practical context.
We design and deliver a number of high quality, bespoke postgraduate qualifications for both national and international law firms. Alongside these we deliver a range of skills based short courses that have been designed to meet the training and development needs of individual practitioners from trainee level through to partners. Examples of just some of these courses include:
- experiential learning courses for trainees that partially replace and enhance the litigation seat
- tailor-made PSC electives
- project management for litigation
- advocacy and court room skills
- commercial drafting
- legal services regulation
- knowledge management
- large scale away days for senior lawyers
- new partner training
- conflict, confidentiality and risk assessment for partners.
Our clients include individuals, leading regional, national and international law firms and organisations connected with legal practice, professional bodies, local government, commercial organisations and international governmental bodies.
What our clients say about us
Market research of top City of London and national firms shows that we are seen as:
- delivering the highest standards of legal training and education in the UK, to an extent unmatched by other law schools
- having a reputation for innovation
- providing the right level of attention to individual students with resources and facilities of the highest standard.