Masters in Law (LLM) courses
We have an unrivalled reputation for providing innovative postgraduate courses and training. This suite of Masters in Law (LLM) courses offers varied and exciting opportunities for you to enhance your knowledge and skills across a range of subject areas.
Our flexible approach means you can choose to study full-time (FT) or part-time (PT) and we also offer a number of subjects through distance learning (DL).
Full-time and part-time courses:
- Corporate and Insolvency Law (FT, PT)
- Dual LLM in Corporate and Insolvency Law / European and Insolvency Law (FT)
- General Law (FT, PT)
- Health Law and Ethics (FT, PT)
- Human Rights and Justice (FT, PT)
- Intellectual Property Law (FT, PT)
- International Financial Law (FT)
- International Trade and Commercial Law (FT, PT)
- Oil, Gas and Mining Law (FT, PT)
- Sports Law (FT, PT)
Distance learning courses:
- Corporate and Insolvency Law
- International Trade and Commercial Law
- Legal Practice
- Oil, Gas and Mining Law
Recent survey results:
- Nottingham Law School hosts the UK's largest postgraduate Law student community and the sixth largest postgraduate Law international student community (Latest HESA data 2015/16).
- NTU was voted best university for international students' experience (WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2016).
- 92% of our LLM graduates are in postgraduate-level employment or further study (Latest DLHE data 2014-15).
Get involved with all the Law School has to offer
- Research: We have five active research centres and three research groups supported by expert academics, many of whom are internationally renown.
- Insolvency bulletin: Students on our LLM programme are encouraged to contribute to the quarterly-published insolvency bulletin (publication supported by the Centre for Business and Insolvency Law).
- Summer schools: All our Law students have the opportunity to join our summer schools scheme; study-holidays across Berlin, Strasbourg and Geneva, with visits to cultural landmarks including Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp (Berlin), the European Court of Human Rights (Strasbourg) and United Nations building (Geneva).
LLM Corporate and Insolvency Law / European and Insolvency Law
Nottingham Law School and Radboud University, Nijmegen have become partners to offer an exciting and innovative dual Masters in Law degree. At the end of one year of study, successful students will be awarded the LLM Corporate and Insolvency Law from Nottingham Law School and the LLM European and Insolvency Law from Radboud University.
Competitive scholarships and an NTU progression discount are available. Please visit the fees and scholarships page for further details.
UK Government Postgraduate Loans Scheme
The new Masters loans scheme allows graduates up to £10,000 to cover the cost of their finances during postgraduate study. Find out more.
Come to our informal LLM drop-in events to speak to staff about our courses. For details of future events please visit the events page.
Our Professional Courses (GDL, LLM BPTC, LLM LPC)
To find out more about our professional courses please visit our Professional courses page.
Create your own Masters
Our Multidisciplinary Masters gives you the opportunity to create your own Masters course by combining major and minor modules from different disciplines. Build a course that matches your career aspirations, strengths and interests. You will also take a placement giving you valuable hands-on experience. Find out more and take a look at the modules available.