Setting your sights on a high-flying career? Nottingham Law School at Nottingham Trent University is the perfect place to start. A Law degree provides a great foundation for a variety of careers, and our innovative courses will help you to stand out from the crowd.
All our undergraduate Law degrees are recognised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and Bar Standards Board as Qualifying Law Degrees, enabling you to progress on to further legal training to become a solicitor or barrister. If you decide not to pursue a career in Law, our courses provide you with a great foundation for a variety of careers.
Search for your specific undergraduate Law degree for more information.
- LLB (Hons) Law (Full-time)
- LLB (Hons) Law (Sandwich)
- LLB (Hons) Business Law
- LLB (Hons) / LLM European Law
- LLB (Hons) International Law
- LLB (Hons) Law with Business
- LLB (Hons) Law with Criminology
- LLB (Hons) Law with Psychology
- LLB (Hons) Law (Distance Learning)
- LLB (Hons) Law (Flexible Learning)
- LLB (Hons) Law Senior Status
Get more from your Law degree
At Nottingham Law School there are lots of exciting opportunities to get the most out of your degree.
- LEX Student Law Society: Our popular Student Law Society hosts lectures, workshops, networking evenings and also organises sporting and social events such as the annual Law Ball.
- Pro bono: Put your skills into practice and volunteer in the local community as part of our innovative pro bono scheme at our multi-award-winning Legal Advice Centre.
- International Summer Schools: Learn more about European and International Law with visits to Strasbourg, Geneva and Berlin, and to institutions such as the European Court of Human Rights and the European Parliament. Some of our courses also offer the chance to study abroad for a longer period of time.
- Mooting: Mooting is the oral presentation of a legal issue and a distinctive skill to have. We have a strong track record in mooting with dedicated mooting modules available in each year, along with the opportunity to join our Mooting Club and take part in national and international competitions.
- Mediation: another essential skill which is increasingly important for a career in law or business.
- Work experience: Many of our courses include the opportunity to spend some time on a work placement. All students can also undertake short work placements in the vacations, and have this recognised by our Certificate of Professional Practice.
- University Language Programme: Study a new language or improve a current one.
Want to find out more?
Our open days are an excellent way to explore the city and the University, as well as to meet our staff and students.
Hear from current students what it is like to study Law at NTU, see our student profiles.
View our news and events to see what our current students have been up to and all the events we have coming up.