Incoming international students
Choosing a university course is a big decision, especially one in a different country. However, we are confident that by selecting Nottingham Law School you will benefit from a fantastic higher education experience in a welcoming community. Nottingham Trent University (NTU) has been named the best university for international students in the Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2016. This was voted for by our current international students, which shows how Nottingham Trent University is dedicated to making international students have an enjoyable and rewarding experience. You will receive full support from our International Development Office throughout your time at university. NTU is committed to providing a global experience and celebrating diversity and has two Global Lounges, a Global Week and a number of country specific societies you can join.
Why Nottingham Law School?
- As a fully established Law School, we offer courses at every stage of legal training allowing you to progress through every stage of your legal career.
- Nottingham Law School is a very diverse community, with staff and students from over 100 countries.
- We offer our BPTC and LPC courses with a joint Masters award, enabling our BPTC and LPC students to graduate with an additional Masters award at no extra cost. Find out specific details for either using our course finder.
- We offer a full range of specialist academic Masters courses to help suit your interests and future career. These are available as full-time, part-time and distance learning, depending on the course.
- We offer a competitive range of scholarships for international students.
- We offer alumni and progression discounts to those students who continue to study with us.
- You will be taught by enthusiastic and knowledgeable staff who draw upon their research interests and professional experience.
- We have a multi-award-winning Legal Advice Centre, which gives students the opportunity to give legal advice to the local community and gain hands-on experience in practice.
City and University information:
- Nottingham is situated centrally and is easily accessible from most of the UK, meaning you are less than 30 minutes from East Midlands Airport and just two hours from London.
- Nottingham is the culinary capital with more cafes, restaurants and bars per square mile than anywhere in the UK.
- Nottingham is home to two major universities, attracting over 60,000 students to the city. In fact, our city has one of the youngest populations in the UK.
- The city centre is consistently ranked as one of the UK's top shopping destinations.
- With over 100 clubs and societies and excellent sport and fitness facilities, NTU provide more to your university life than just the course, providing many social opportunities for you to enjoy.
- The city centre boasts a tram system and an award-winning bus network to help you travel around Nottingham.
Fees, living costs and accommodation:
- We offer a variety of funding and scholarships. For further details about our fees for international students please visit the fees and scholarships page.
- According to the 2016 NatWest Student Living Index, Nottingham is one of the UK's most cost-effective student cities. Learn more about living costs in Nottingham by visiting our handy breakdown of estimated expenditures.
- As an international student at Nottingham Trent University, we can guarantee you a place in University-allocated accommodation if you have accepted a place on a full-time course, made us your first choice of university and paid your £200 deposit by the 31 July. There is a variety of accommodation to choose from, situated close to the university buildings you'll be studying in.
For students who want to get a taste of Nottingham Law School before studying here, we hold a summer schools programme in July called English Legal Culture and Legal Skills. This two-week course gives you a chance to develop some of the skills needed for a successful career in law, wherever you choose to work.
Nottingham Law School also has an exciting international summer school programme for current students, which will help you to develop an international perspective on legal practice and enable you to travel abroad to meet students from other universities. We currently run three summer schools in Strasbourg, Berlin and Geneva.