Apprenticeships

Degree Apprenticeships give students the flexibility to combine learning with full-time work, as well as allowing employers to grow their own talent and nurture the employees that will go on to play a key role within their business. 

The government's plan to increase the amount of student undertaking degree apprenticeships by 2020 came into play on 1st May 2017, starting with the introduction of the mandatory apprenticeship levy bill for some UK businesses. However, regardless of whether a company pays into the levy or not, employers and employees can still benefit from funding for degree apprenticeships. 

The School of Science and Technology are proud to introduce the Embedded Electronic Systems Design and Development Engineer (EESDDE) degree apprenticeship to the Nottingham Trent University (NTU) apprenticeship portfolio. 

Degree apprenticeships provide employers with the opportunity to recruit emerging talent in to their organisation, or develop the potential of existing employees. An apprentice would require 20% of their time for on campus learning, enabling them to study at degree level, with the remaining 80% of their time for on-the-job training, directly applying newly learned skills and knowledge in to their role. 

This course is aimed at those aged 18 and above, interested in developing a career in electronic engineering and are working a minimum of 30 hours a week with a suitable employer. Apprentices will benefit from gaining a BEng (Hons) Electronic Engineering degree, as well as years of invaluable, salary-paid work experience - all fully funded by their employer and/or Government contributions, meaning apprentices accrue £0 student debt. 

To learn more about the course or apply for 2017/18 entry, check the Electronic Engineering (Degree Apprenticeship) course page.

 

The following Degree Apprenticeships are also available at NTU: