Interdisciplinary Biomedical Research Facility
Based on Clifton campus, the Interdisciplinary Biomedical Research Facility has had a huge amount of investment, totalling over £2.3 million. It supports the School's extensive biomedical research activities in immunology, cell-based therapy, bio-materials science, neuroscience, pharmacology and toxicology. Here, you can pursue a diverse range of biomedical research interests, including the study of:
- human disease
- forensic science
- cognitive health
- sports performance
- bio-mathematical study of complex systems
- medical imaging (MRI).
Research students work in laboratories and research offices onsite which support these specialist disciplines and our research groups work in collaboration with a range of national and international centres of research excellence.
The facility is well-equipped with tools for:
- genomic research, including real-time PCR equipment
- thermal analysis (Differential Scanning Calorimetry and Thermal Gravimetric analysis) and atomic force microscopy for materials science
- multi-nuclear NMR spectroscopy
- mammalian cell culture and immunochemistry
- proteomics: 2-D gel electrophoresis with DIGE capability
- proteomics: Kratos /Shimadzu Axima CFR+ MALDI-Tof mass spectrometer.