Enabling Innovation will enable us to support businesses to invest in research and innovation; to make them more competitive, and help them to grow and create high-skill jobs with a range of schemes. We will achieve this in a number of ways, including:
- dedicated technical hubs in food and drink, materials engineering, computing and data, and design innovation
- innovation management workshops delivered by Nottingham Business School
- a contribution of 20% towards 60 graduate salaries for up to a year, to support businesses to introduce innovative products, services or processes
- academic and student-led projects and consultancy
- intensive specialist support for innovative businesses
- networking and business development workshops and events.
If you would like to be kept updated about the Enabling Innovation programme and our upcoming activities, please sign up to the mailing list.
Joomla! Enabled Web for SMEs
Monday 7 and Tuesday 8 August
Learn how to use and manage a Joomla! based content management system (CMS).
Pitching and Presenting
Wednesday 13 September 2017
Inspire investment in your business or get new clients on board through enhancing your presentation skills.
Successful Entrepreneurs in Design
Wednesday 27 September 2017
Hear success stories from designers who have made their ideas a commercial success.
Innovation and Outsourcing
Friday 29 September and Saturday 30 September 2017
Develop a successful new product and get it out there! This workshop is created for food and drink manufacturers.
Design Ideas to Production
Wednesday 1 November 2017
Help to develop your idea from concept to finished product.
Prototyping for SMEs on a small budget
Wednesday 8 November 2017
Learn about a variety of different methods you can use to create a 3D prototype of your design.
You can find further upcoming business support events and workshops, including for businesses outside of Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire. Please visit our Events Page.
Our services are easy to access and come with support from a dedicated business team. Get in touch to discuss how we can help, or to register for regular updates on news, events and opportunities.