Top 10 reasons to work with NTU
Whether you are looking for graduate talent, want to develop your employee’s skills, or need to engage in research and development to drive innovation, NTU can help.
- We’re a partner of choice for over 6,000 local, national and international organisations within the private, public and third sectors. Our partners include Aecom, Nottingham Playhouse, Rolls-Royce, PWC, Nottinghamshire Police, Santander, NHT, NUHT, and Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire County Councils.
- NTU supports local SMEs with a range of dedicated programmes and schemes aimed at supporting placements, graduate employment, innovation and leadership to drive growth. Since 2008, we have helped over 1,400 SMEs to get the right assistance. Our knowledge of funding schemes means we can help to navigate this complex landscape.
- Access to our talented pool of over 8,000 skilled students who graduate each year. We will work closely with you to understand your needs, giving you access to our skilled graduates and ensuring the perfect fit for your business. And because our teaching is judged to be gold standard, and among the best 25% nationally, NTU graduates are some of the best.
- Develop your employee’s skills with our in-company professional training to help increase productivity and competitiveness. We also run in-company degrees, where we help recruit, select and develop your company’s talent, with current clients including Rolls Royce and Experian. With growing Degree Apprenticeship provision, we can work with employers to help you get the most from the Apprenticeship Levy.
- Our research benefits our partners, society and the environment. Our research has led to significant scientific breakthroughs in the fields of airline security, food safety and microbiology, cancer detection and treatment, emergency response and gender equality.
- We take innovation seriously. We work with businesses and other organisations to help them innovate to improve productivity, services and quality. Through our technical advice in specialist areas, delivery of leadership and growth skills for employers, through graduate recruitment and placements, and our extensive events programme, we are working with you.
- Access to funding for research and development. Benefit from our experience in working jointly with businesses for research and development. We can help secure public funding for collaborative research and development KTP is still regarded as one of the best business / university collaboration schemes – our experience in this programme can help your business get the most from it. Currently we are working with six different organisations on KTP projects.
- We bring business ideas to life though our purpose-built centre for entrepreneurship, The Hive, which has supported well over 300 start-up companies. Today, almost 70% of those businesses are prospering.
- NTU has a proven track record of success. We’re in the top ten universities for the number of students taking year-long placements (HESA 2015/16), ensuring that our students have the skills needed to succeed in today’s workplace. That’s why 96% of our graduates are employed or engaged in further study six months after leaving NTU (DLHE 2015/16). As well as this, we were awarded the coveted University of the Year title for 2017.
- But don’t just take our word for it. With so many business and organisations working with us, it’s easy to find out what others think. Have a look at our case studies to find out more about our recent work with businesses.