Matthew Belmonte - Reader in Psychology
- Belmonte MK, Karanth P, Weisblatt EJ. A semi-automated training programme for manual motor, oral motor, and sequencing skills produces clinical improvement in communicative language. (Projected publication, 2018).
UK NIHR bid in preparation for Research for Patient Benefit competition 28: £200,000, Computer-Assisted Training to Promote Language Development in Non-Verbal Children with Autism: A Pilot Randomised Controlled Trial (collaboration with NHS Peterborough Neurodevelopmental Service).
- Belmonte MK. Can (some) people with autism type what they can't speak? Connecting neuroscience to therapy, and thoughts to fingers. Invited contribution to Frontiers in Psychology, in preparation.
- Dasgupta G, Bhattacharyya K, Acharya RP, Chaudhury P, Chatterjee SS, Dutta A, Nusrat S, Belmonte MK. Validation of a Bengali version of the Reading the Mind in the Eyes test. In preparation.
Anne Cockayne - Senior Lecturer Nottingham Business School
An investigation of neurodiversity in the employment context; focusing upon Asperger's syndrome. Ph.D. - Thesis
Samantha Wakes - Disability Officer (Autism)
Securing a work placement: What support can universities offer to assist students with Autism Spectrum Disorder? Nottingham Trent University. Doctorate in Education (Ed.D) – Thesis
Previous research by NTU staff members
Matthew Belmonte - Reader in Psychology
- Chen GM, Yoder KJ, Ganzel BL, Goodwin MS, Belmonte MK. Harnessing repetitive behaviours to engage attention and learning in a novel therapy for autism: An exploratory analysis. Frontiers in Educational Psychology 2012; 3:12. doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2012.00012
- Belmonte MK, Saxena-Chandhok T, Cherian R, Muneer R, George L, Karanth P. Oral motor deficits in speech-impaired children with autism. Frontiers in Integrative Neuroscience 2013; 7:47. doi: 10.3389/fnint.2013.00047
- Keller AE, Yoder KJ, Belmonte MK. Brief report: Somatosensory deep pressure in children with autism reduces skin conductance response during interaction with a novel social partner. Under review by Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders.
Dash T, Karanth P, Belmonte MK. Validation of the Com DEALL Developmental Checklist and the Com DEALL Oro-Motor Assessment in Normative and Clinical Populations in India. Under review by Autism.
- Rudra A, Belmonte MK, Soni P, Banerjee S, Mukerji S, Chakrabarti B. A school based preliminary estimate of autism and supra-threshold autistic traits in 3-8-year-olds in India. Under review by Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry.
- Rudra A, Ram RJ, Loucas T, Belmonte MK, Chakrabarti B. Translation into Bengali and characterisation of cognitive measures for autism spectrum conditions in India. Under review by Archives of Disease in Childhood.
- Valla JM, Brainerd CJ, Reyna VF, Belmonte MK. Autistic cognitive traits predict false and veridical memory in neurotypical adults. Under review by Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory, and Cognition.
Dr Gayle Dillon - Senior Lecturer in Psychology
- Mount, N. and Dillon, G., 2014. Parents' experiences of living with an adolescent diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder. Educational & Child Psychology, 31 (4), pp. 72-81.
- Dillon, G.V., Underwood, J.D.M. and Freemantle, L.J., 2014. Autism and the U.K. secondary school experience. Focus on Autism and Other Developmental Disabilities.
- Dillon, G. and Underwood, J., 2012. Parental perspectives of students with Autism Spectrum Disorders transitioning from primary to secondary school in the United Kingdom. Focus on Autism and Other Developmental Disabilities, 27 (2), pp. 111-121
- Dillon, G. and Underwood, J., 2012. Computer mediated imaginative storytelling in children with autism. International Journal of Human Computer Studies, 70 (2), pp. 169-178.
Hilary Haigh – 1-1 Academic Support Specialist
Student experience of support provision. Sheffield Hallam University. MA Autism - Thesis