Advice and support
Who can help?
Student Financial Support Service
You can come to us for advice if you run into money difficulties during your time at NTU. We recommend that you seek guidance about the possible financial implications before you make any major decisions about your course.
Our team has funding and money advisers and administrators. We can check your eligibility for grants and bursaries, including the Discretionary Hardship Fund.
We can give you:
- advice on your entitlement to maintenance loan/grant and tuition fee support
- advice on negotiating with your bank or other creditors
- money management and budgeting advice
- a social security benefit check
- Discretionary Hardship Fund advice and information
- financial support if you have children, a dependant adult living with you, long-term ill health or a disability
- advice on eligibility for financial assistance
- advice on application procedures and the completion of forms for various funds
- referrals to other services, where appropriate.
You do not have to be experiencing financial difficulties to use this service. Our advisers can work with you to maximise your income. We can also help you to plan a realistic budget to prevent problems from arising.
We are located in the Student Services Centre on the City Campus. You can also collect application forms and make appointments for financial advice at the Student Centre on the Clifton Campus and at Brackenhurst Campus. Telephone +44 (0)115 848 2494 or email the Student Financial Support Service to book an appointment.
What if I'm not happy with the service?
Please talk to your adviser or the administrator first. If you would then like to make a formal complaint, please write to the Student Services Manager (Frontline Services) at the Student Services Centre at the City Campus.