Mental health support
Mental Health Support Team
If you have a mental health condition that affects your studies we may be able to help.
The Mental Health Team support students with a diagnosed mental health condition. We offer specialist mentoring support to remove barriers to study for students with mental health difficulties. This support is funded through Disabled Students Allowances’.
We work with students on areas such as:
- anxiety, depression and other mental health difficulties
- concentration and memory difficulties
- organisation and time management
We can also:
- support students in applying for the Disability Student Allowance (DSA) which funds one to one Specialist Mentoring and in some cases IT equipment and books
- help you explain your needs to your tutor
- recommend alternative arrangements for examinations and other assessments
- assist you in planning a realistic way to study and formulating plans that structure the approach to the work
- advise on maintaining a healthy balance of other elements in life
- liaise with Student Financial Services regarding funding issues
Self-help and advice?
Silvercloud is our online system designed to help with a range of mental health issues. The content is motivational, easy to use, interactive and relevant to students. It can be especially helpful if you are experiencing anxiety, depression, stress or eating issues.
Please see the following options: