Student Support Officers
What do our Student Support Officers do?
We can help with a range of study and personal difficulties. We can meet you to discuss your challenges and decide upon the best way forward. We offer practical support and advice, which is different from the counselling and mental health teams.
- Work with you, your tutors and other staff when you need to get back on track.
- Help you to make important decisions related to your studies.
- Help you to access and engage with a range of services within NTU and the wider community.
- Provide support of a practical problem-solving nature.
Our Student Support Officers are of most benefit when students have a range of difficult problems and challenging life events which may feel overwhelming.
Need our help?
If you want to make an appointment, please complete a short application form. We will then contact you to talk about the best way forward. Please also see our self-help section for useful information.
If you are worried about someone else, please complete this short third party wellbeing form.
If you can't wait for an appointment, please consider the following options depending on the urgency of your situation:
- Walk in centres
- 111 phone line
- Ambulance – phone 999
- Nottingham Accident and Emergency Service