Working in the UK

This section of contains information for international students who are interested in working in the UK either during or after their studies:

  • Working during your studies provides information about immigration regulations relating to employment during study, and advice on where to find a part-time job.
  • Working after your studies contains guidance on the current immigration routes which allow students to work in the UK after completing their course.

EU/EEA students
Most students from the European Economic Area or Switzerland are able to work in the UK with no restrictions. However, Croatian nationals are usually required to obtain permission from UKVI before they start work. Restrictions may apply to the type of work and the number of hours they can work. Further information is available in our guidance note for Croatian students PDF icon .

International students
Student at a fruit and vegetable stall