If you are feeling unwell, you have the following support, information and services available to you.
It's not an emergency, but I'd like some advice
- call NHS 111 to access non-emergency NHS healthcare wherever you are, whatever the time,
- contact your GP (see our Health Centre information to find out how to register with a doctor),
- go to your nearest NHS Walk-In Centre.
Contact a doctor
You should contact your Health Centre in the first instance if you are feeling unwell. The team will arrange for you to see or speak to a nurse or doctor. If you phone out of office hours, you will be provided with an alternative number to call. Please ensure that you register with a doctor at the University.
Emergencies out of hours
You can do any of the following if you have an urgent medical problem outside of surgery hours:
- contact the surgery with whom you are registered and you will be diverted to their deputising service,
- go to your nearest NHS Walk-In Centre,
- call 999 in an immediate emergency.
Let your course team know
You should inform your course team if you are likely to be away from classes and/or the submission of assignments is affected. Contact your subject administrator in your academic school about any absences or impact on any assignments or attendance. You will find their contact details in the induction materials provided to you at the start of your course, or you can call the University Switchboard on +44 (0)115 941 8418.