Higher and Degree Apprenticeships

Higher and Degree Apprenticeships give students the flexibility to combine learning with full-time work. As well as this, they give employers the chance to develop and nurture staff in line with individual company objectives, allowing them to drive innovation and nurture staff that will play a key role within their company's future. 

The 1 May 2017 saw the government implement the mandatory apprenticeship levy bill for some UK businesses. However, regardless of whether a company pays into the levy, employers and employees can still benefit from funding for Degree Apprenticeships. 

The School of Animal, Rural and Environmental Sciences offers the following Apprenticeship:

It has been specifically designed to meet the needs of the fast paced food and drinks industry for the provision of higher level training in food science and technology. Enhancing the skills and knowledge of food professionals, apprentices often progress into management positions within their companies, providing businesses with a highly skilled and commercially minded workforce from day one. 

This course is aimed at those aged 18 and above, interested in developing a career within the food and drinks industry and who are working a minimum of 30 hours a week with a suitable employer. Apprentices will be required to attend on-campus learning for 20% of their time, while the remaining 80% will be undertaken within the workplace, directly applying newly learned skills and knowledge to their role.