Events and workshops
In addition to offering appointments, we also run a number of training events and workshops that you can come along to. Each term we have sessions covering:
- information and research skills, such as using library databases and dissertation research
- using resources focussed on your subject or topic
- academic writing, such as essay writing
- study skills, such as critical thinking, or exam technique
- Mathematics, such as solving linear and quadratic equations
- basic Microsoft Office, such as Microsoft Excel and Office 365
- NOW, such as using Binder, and the ePortfolio tool.
These run at all campuses, and have up to a maximum of 25 students attending. They're free, last an hour, and you'll learn lots of useful hints and tops to help you study smarter. You'll have the chance to try things out, ask questions, and learn something new.
For full details of what's on and where, check out our online booking system.